I have excellent timing. My finals are tomorrow and last night, I developed a case of the flu. My body was aching, I had a fever, my head was pounding and my throat felt like it was closing up. Last minute studying is out of the picture. I still have hope of feeling better during my finals.
So starting last night, I’ve done the following…
What to do when sickness strikes (the moment you feel a single sniffle)
1. Drink plenty of lemon tea. Just squeeze a generous amount of lemon juice in a tea cup and pour in some hot water. Lemon will help alkalinize your body to get you better faster.
2. Eat raw garlic. This works. If you can stomach it, you should definitely do it. Garlic is an antibacterial, anti fungal and antiviral agent. It will clear out your headaches, muscle pains, and sore throats within minutes. I eat a couple clothes a day while I’m sick.
3. Take some vitamin D. Or lay out in the sun. Many studies have found a link between low vitamin d and increased colds. This explains why people often get sick during the winter when the there’s less time to sit in the sun and get that vitamin d.
4. Nix any sugar, including fruit. Sugar feeds bacteria so while you’re sick, you want to limit your sugar intake As much as possible.
5. No milk! Dairy makes the body produce more phlegm. You don’t need more phlegm when you’re sick.
6. Take a few drops of oregano oil a day. Oregano oil is a natural antibiotic so make sure to take a few drops starting right when you feel any symptoms.
7. Drink lots of water, especially of you have a fever. Your body will be using plenty of your water stores to fight the infection so make sure to keep drinking water.
8. Take a walk. Getting rest is crucial but you also want to move around a little to keep the body working.
I’ve been doing all of these things the moment that I felt symptoms and less than 24 hours later, I’m already starting to feel better!
When you’re sick, ditch the Tylenol and try these out. You’ll actually get better rather than mask your symptoms!