Sometimes, you just really need to eat a pizza. However, this doesn’t usually fit into your health goals. I decided to develop a healthy pizza recipe that is low in calories and high in nutrients. Plus, this pizza is ridiculously delicious, so you won’t even miss the junky stuff!
At only 254 calories per serving, this pizza will definitely help you maintain or achieve the figure that you want while still satisfying your hunger!
I paired this pizza with an enormous salad but you can also make a vegetable side dish of green beans, brussel sprouts, sugar snap peas, broccoli… whatever you feel like! That’s the great thing about eating a large amount of vegetables… you can eat SO MUCH FOOD!
If you try out this recipe (which you definitely should, because it’s amazing), take a picture of your end result and tag me on Instagram (healthyfoodylifestyle) or Twitter (@AutumnBates21) so that you can share your chef-ing abilities!
Vegan, Gluten Free, Pesto Veggie Pizza
254 calories per serving
1 thin crust Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza Dough
1 tablespoon veganaise (vegan mayo)
1 teaspoon vegan pesto (or regular pesto if you don’t mind it not being vegan)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup spinach
3 crimini mushrooms
1/4 yellow or sweet onion
1 bell pepper
1 garlic clove
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425.
2. Cut the zucchini, onion and bell pepper into thin slices. Lay the cut vegetables flat on a cookie sheet and pour 1/2 teaspoon over them. Add about 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and toss it all together. Put in the oven for 8 minutes.
3. While the veggies cook, mix the 1 teaspoon pesto with the 1 tablespoon veganaise and set to the side. Slice the mushrooms into thin slices and set to the side.
4. Cut a garlic clove in half and rub the clove all over the pizza crust. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over the crust.
5. When the veggies have finished cooking, take them out and lower the oven temperature to 375. Start assembling your pizza by first evenly pouring the spinach and mushrooms on the pizza. Then add the baked vegetables to the top. Put into the oven for an additional 7-9 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your pizza.
6. When the pizza is done cooking, take it out of the oven and add slices of avocado to the top. Then sprinkle the pesto mixture, using a fork, over the pizza. Slice into four pieces and serve!