January is the month to get back into healthy eating! This recipe is easy, fast and healthy! I made a large batch so that I can eat it throughout the week when I don’t have time to cook healthy meals.
Plus, it’s only 313 calories per serving!
Black Bean Quinoa Bowl
3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup chopped cilantro
4 green onions
1 teaspoon garlic powder (not salt!!)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 avocado per serving
1. Combine the quinoa with 1.5 cups water in a pot. Cook at medium heat for 15 minutes. When the liquid is gone, turn the heat off and cover the pot while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Drain the liquid from the beans and put it into a large bowl.
3. Chop the cilantro and green onions and add them to the beans.
4. Add the garlic powder, lime juice from half of a lime, salt and olive oil to the bowl.
5. Add the cooked quinoa to the bowl and toss everything together.
6. Add the avocado and your dinner is complete!
This recipe is super simple, fast and easy. If you are trying to eat healthy but you don’t have the time… Make this recipe!! Not only does it take 20 minutes to make, you can make a large batch and eat it throughout the week!
Enjoy the recipe and let me know how you like it!