This meal is perfect for days when you have done a really long workout and you need something low in calories, high in protein, filling and delicious!
With only 360 calories and 30 grams of protein, this meal will leave you satisfied and well within your calorie allowance!
Teriyaki Chicken Plate
1 small boneless skinless chicken breast
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup uncooked brown rice
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 slice of lime
1 green onion
Salt and pepper
1. Measure the rice into a pot and add 1/2 cup water. First cook at medium high until the water starts to boil, then turn the heat down to medium low and cook for 30-40 minutes or until the rice is tender.
2. While the rice cooks, slice the chicken breast into thin strips. Make sure to wash everything that touched the raw chicken really well!
3. Season the chicken with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Get a pan and pour the teaspoon of olive oil into it. Heat the pan in the stove to medium high. Add the chicken. Cook the chicken for about 8 minutes (or until done), flipping the pieces over after 4 minutes.
4. After 8 minutes, add the teriyaki sauce and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5. While the chicken finishes cooking, cut the green onions and lime slice. Add the rice and chicken to the plate and add the green onions and lime. When you are ready to eat, squeeze the lime over the chicken.
You can pair this with a salad or some cooked veggies to add a little green to your dinner.
Enjoy your teriyaki chicken plate and let me know how you like it!