It’s been a while since the last time I posted, but to be fair, I was traveling throughout Europe most of the summer and didn’t have the time (or the WiFi) to post. But now I’m back and I have some awesome recipes to start posting again! I’m also just finishing up my personal training class and will be ready to start posting more of those Workout Wednesday videos!
The other day, I got breakfast at a local healthy restaurant in my hometown and it was so tasty that I had to figure out my own version. I decided to make this breakfast my dinner! I mean really, what is better than breakfast for dinner?
Savory Eggs and Veggies over Potatoes
2 artichoke hearts, sliced
2 peppadews, diced
1/4 cup sliced red onion
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon olive oil
1 red potato
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
Small handful of sunflower sprouts
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Dice the red potato into small 1/2 inch cubes. Put the on a cookie sheet and coat with 1 tablespoon olive oil, the chili powder, salt and pepper. Put in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
3. In a pan, put 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat to medium. Add the red onions and a sprinkle of salt and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the peppadews and artichoke hearts and sauté for another
4. Crack the eggs in a separate bowl and whisk together. Pour into the onion mixture and cook while moving the eggs around until eggs are finished (about 3-4 minutes).
5. First put the potatoes into a bowl and then add the egg mixture. Top it all off with the sunflower sprouts. You can also add some type of salsa to this as well.