Okay, I may be a little biased, but this salad is really good! Plus, it looks so fricken pretty as if it came directly out of a food photoshoot for Bon Appetit magazine! It’s a perfect picture of hearty avocado with crunchy seeds, light lettuce and other fruit and vegetable delicacies. Make it. Eat it. Love it. Definitely two thumbs up. Top it with some sun dried tomato hummus to really sass it up!
The Best Damn Dinner Salad Ever
2 cups mixed greens
1 small carrot
1 small beet
1/2 small cucumber
1 handful parsley
1 handful cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1/4 cup roasted tomato hummus
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a large salad bowl, pour in the mixed greens.
2. With a zest-er or a grater, zest thin strips of both the carrot and beet. Add to the salad.
3. Cut the cucumber into thin slices and add to the salad.
4. Cut the stalks off of the parsley and add to the salad.
5. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the salad along with the green onions.
6. Slice the avocado and scoop out on top of the salad.
7. Heat a small pan to medium and add in the pumpkin seeds. Allow the seeds to slightly brown while constantly moving them around do that they don’t burn. This should only take about 30 seconds. Sprinkle the crunchy seeds on top if the salad.
8. For dressing, add the hummus to the top and drizzle the olive oil over the entire thing.
**This salad is extremely filling so you probably won’t need anything else for dinner when you make it! Enjoy!