On Tuesday morning, I went to the farmers market in Torrance with my mom. We got there around 7:30 am even though it doesn’t open until 8, partly because we love farmers markets so much… But mostly because my mom wants to beat the crowds.
We piled up our little cloth bags with fresh herbs, tomatoes, various sprouted beans, avocados, lettuces, fruit, potatoes… Everything. We loaded up the car with all of our goodies and drove home. There are three smells that are my absolute favorite smells..
1. The smell of what I deem “fake water”. You can usually smell it during the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Weird. I know. But I like it.
2. Lavender oil rubbed on the back of the wrists.
3. The smell of my car freshly filled with farmers market finds.
The compilation of herbs, fresh fruit and veggies is so aromatic and always makes me feel clean and healthy.
Anyway, fast forward to today when I’m walking home from work. Starved. I decided to pop into an organic bakery that I know uses their own sourdough starter (instead of active dry yeast) and buy a whole wheat loaf of sourdough bread. Using the compilation of goodies I got from thee market the other day… I came up with this!!
2 slices of whole wheat sourdough bread
1/2 an avocado
1 small handful of sprouted mung beans (or any other sprouted bean)
A tablespoon olive oil
1 cup mixed greens
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Put the bread in the oven for 2-4 minutes. Just until warm, but not toasted.
3. Spread the avocado equally over the two slices. Distribute the mung beans between the two toasts. Drizzle the olive oil on top of it all. Serve with the mixed greens.
Easy. Now go eat!